Location: | Hybrid - Combination of In-Office and Remote
Terms: | Permanent, 20-25 hours a week, Part-time
Requirements: | May require time spent at LWSF events that are outside standard business hours
Reports to | Executive Director
Compensation: | $20 - $22/hour DOE
About Lake Washington Schools Foundation:
Lake Washington Schools Foundation (LWSF) gathers and deploys community resources to enhance academic access and nurture the well-being of students in the Lake Washington School District (LWSD).
About the role:
Reporting to the Executive Director, this role supports the strategic fundraising and public outreach efforts that align with LWSF’s mission and each of its programs.
- Enters donation, cultivation, and other data into LWSF’s donor database.
- Prepares donation acknowledgments and receipts and ensures appropriate recording of donor funds.
- Maintains accurate database files and records.
- Creates segmented mailing lists for use in targeted mailings, and prepares merged documents for mailed communications.
- Develops, documents, and implements new data and donor processes as needed to improve fundraising effectiveness and efficiency.
- Confirms, verifies, and/or follows up on deposits, gift requests, matching gift contributors, and credit card charges; provide information to donors and prospective donors as required.
- Cultivates relationships with colleagues, donors, and partner organizations.
- Responds to donor and partner organization inquiries with accurate and timely information.
- Prepares clear and accurate reports on donors, donations, and campaign performance on a recurring schedule and upon request.
- Collects data and prepares reports as part of the grants process.
- Supports day-of operations at LWSF events.
- Performs other administrative tasks to support Development Officer and Executive Director as needed.
Meetings and Professional Development:
- Attends weekly staff meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Encouraged to partake in professional development activities by subscribing to and/or reading fundraising periodicals, journals and e-newsletters and attending professional development conferences. As appropriate, LWSF will cover expenses.
Skills and experience requirements:
- Two or more years of experience in database management preferred
- Experience working with Salsa CRM preferred
- Proficient in Office 365 products
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Capable of working proficiently both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Philanthropic mentality
* Please include a cover letter indicating why you are interested in working for LWSF in this role.